Thursday, March 12, 2009

Dressed to kill!

Recently someone tagged me on one of those stupid facebook personality tag pictures as 'the most stylish' or something of the sort. I found this pretty interesting. My mother would be extremely pleased. Because for her, I am the epitome of the lazy dresser. When we go to the supermarket I wear whatever i'm wearing at home which translates into 'whatever is the most comfortable even if it's ripped, stretched or discoloured'. She says that one should ALWAYS be meticulously well groomed. I have to admit that she has a point. You never know who you might bump into at the supermarket, for example you're crazy psycho ex from France?

But I DO love fashion. I love reading about it, looking at beautifully dressed people. But to me, being stylish is about confidence. If you are confident in whatever you are wearing, be it a ragged pair of jeans, a white tee and bedhead hair, you will look gorgeous because of your confidence. This I have noticed in my time in France. Especially the times i spent in Paris.

Doesn't she look like she spent a bare minimum of time putting together this chic outfit? And her hair! WOW

It truly is one of the fashion capitals of the world. Not for its haute couture but for the style of those elegent yet nonchalantly dressed parisians. I say parisians because it's not only the girls, but also the boys who have very good fashion sense.

Doesn't Clémence Poësy look gorgeously Parisian here?

The art of looking parisian, other than the 'Ooo la la, i am from Parris' attitude is the laid back look. Parisians look like they barely put 2 seconds into looking the way a common mortal like you and me might take HOURS and STILL fail to achieve.

So what i hope to achieve eventually with my style, is this 'laid back casual elegance' that oozes from those Parisiennes...
A real compliment for my style would be, "wow you look very Parisian" :)

For more beautiful Parisians go see Garance Doré or The Sartorialist

A bientôt

No comments: