Monday, April 6, 2009

Good things

I just got an email from a good friend who i've known for about a year now. She's a truly amazing person, full of life, and just a pleasure to be around, and who i miss dearly as a result of our geographic seperation. In her email she told me about this guy who she met at a party, who had come to her birthday on friday. Apparently they had a mutual attraction. But ''somehow'' she got very drunk, and was extremely sick. And this guy held her hair up while she heaved etc. Yesterday he had called her, gone and helped her look for her lost phone, and spent the whole day with her... She sent me the email because she felt like telling someone how happy she was and that she thinks "this one might be a keeper".

Reading that email made me so happy!! Not an artificial happiness because i felt i was MEANT to be happy, but genuine happiness for the good thing that happened to my friend. She has been single for quite a while now, with unsuccessful stints with a few guys who weren't very good to her. And I have a feeling, this one is going to be different...

So here she is reaping the benefits of her patience. Good things do come to those who wait, but they also come to those who are capable of grasping those occasions. The situation might present itself due to your patience, but unless you are capable of taking the extra step to see what the situation might lead you to, your patience is pointless.

Sometimes situations present themselves, you take that leap of faith, but then you don't make the effort to maintain the momentum. And someone else grabs the chance that was yours. So good things do happened to people who are patient. But when they do, unless you make a positive attempt to keep things good, the chance will simply slip by.

I have been contemplating about good things without even trying to explain what these elusive creatures might be. Good things for me, are things that make you happy. Those moments, situations, people, places, things that can bring a smile to your face and makes your heart flutter with joy.

I could feel my friends heart fluttering through her words, through the computor screen, the thousands of miles between us. That's how happy she was.

I don't know if it's an after effect of that substance i consumed yesterday but i have been feeling so light, so happy, so ready to share that happiness. I can simply sit in one place and smile.

I think good things might be happening to me too.

A bientôt

No comments: