Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Back to being frivolous

Sometimes I wonder why I even have a blog when I can rant to my best friend and get such amazing advice! Then I remember that there are times when I need to say things for which there IS not advice possible. Things that I simply need to get out of my head. There is one thing in my head right now, and that's how lucky I am! I called my self lucky_me because I feel like I have quite a lot of luck in many areas of my life. And one of the things I feel truly lucky about are my best friends, especially the one who is my soulmate. One cannot ask for anything more than being understood and she understands me so well it surprises me even after all these years! Ours is a bond that goes beyond time and space. No matter how many times I repeat it, I cannot really express how thankful I am for having her in my life. 

Divide and conquer. It's something that has been used for many a millenia. From the hunters in the stone age to the colonialists to the economic hitmen of the modern era. A time tested formula to succeed in battle. A formula that I have been adviced to use in my battle against boredom.

I hate 'inbetween' times. I have realised through this blog that I am an extremely impatient person. I need to go from one thing to another IMMEDIATELY. I can't STAND waiting. This is why I was feeling utterly frustrated and lost this past year, because this whole YEAR was an 'inbetween' time. Finished with the undergrad and waiting to do the masters. I should be thankful that I am currently not facing SUCH a long inbetween time. I'm merely awaiting my offer pack and going back to Uni. I'm so excited at the prospect that the idea of 'waiting' for it is KILLING me! The worst part is that I can't even DO anything in this inbetween time. I can't commit to anything because it's such a short period of time. I can't start a project because I might not have time to finish it. I can't like a guy because I can't risk getting attached. 

I know that this is a time where I have to focus on myself and MY needs but right now my NEED is to DO something! This patience business is killing me. So THIS is where the 'divide and conquer' formula comes in. 

I need to divide what IS happening in my life, and give attention to each of those aspects seperately. Looking at it that way, I DO have a sufficient number things. And if I try to make more of them individually, I have quite a lot of things to do. 

For example - family. I went to see my baby cousin yesterday. I hadn't seem her in about 6 weeks! And she's already grown so much! But I she still remembered the little game I play with her since I came back home last summer. It's called 'shadow'. Basically we go into the sun and wave at our own shadows. She dragged me outside yesterday but sadly there were no shadows because of the clouds. Then i realised that I won't be able to spend time with her. It's been so amazing seeing her grow from a 1 year old baby to a 2 year old toddler. I'm scared she'll forget me. So I'm going to spend as much time with her as possible. Especially because she's going to be a big sister soon, and I won't be in the country to see my new baby cousin... 

And then there's my brother. When I went off to Uni he was a boy. He was still making kites and running around the garden. When I came back, he had grown into a pimply teen with a broken voice and plenty of teenage drama! It's been great this past year, bonding with him, 'helping' him with girl issues. Overall, being the 'cool' older sister, even though at first all his friends thought I was his girlfriend. Which was a pleasant compliment, albeit disturbing. I'm going to miss hanging on out with him. And since his exams finish soon, he will be free so I'm going to make the best of this time and bond a bit more with my cute assed 'babouch'. 

Looking at it this way, I actually have plenty to fill my time. Plus I could read more. I need to read up on subjects for my masters. When i get my offer pack I'll have all the accomodation, choosing classes etc to deal with. And then finally, packing! Which is going to be TOUGH! 

I only hope that with all of this activity I'll have time to go to the beach and get laid! Because it's SUMMER again! Which means - HOT SURFER DUDES! :D I am a sucker for a head of messy sunbleached hair, tones arms and shoulders, defined abs with a little snail trail leading down from the belly button to the beach shorts hanging low on the hips. Add a string of beads around the neck, a cute accent, and I'm all theirs! Oh this summer is going to be great! 

I love how this post progressed from being cheesy and emotional to bored and depressed to happy and horney! The mind is a truly amazing place! 

A bientôt 

No comments: