Thursday, October 11, 2012

2011 - goal check

I have been a very very bad blogger. It's been almost 2 years since I last posted. I don't know why... but somehow blogging wasn't as cathartic as it first was.
 
Anyhow, I thought I would find my way back to blogging by giving a small update on 2011 since my last post was about my goals for the year.
 
- Zumba lessons
I did go for quite a few Zumba lessons, then I started on yoga, but I just had too much going on, and I stopped doing either.
 
- Movie
I didn't really do a movie.
 
- TV Commercial
I didn't do a TV Commercial either
 
BUT I did get paid about US$2000 for a modelling shoot! It was probably one of the weirdest experiences of my life... I did it with a friend, and well, the photographer was turned out to be quite dodgy. But the experience was worth it for sure!
 
- More French related stuff
In August 2011 I went to France with a french NGO called Secours Populaire as a translator for the a delegation in a youth camp. I was also helping out with the Fete de la Musique, and other activities at the Alliance.
 
- Article on Intellectual Property
Didn't do this sadly.
 
- Law College exams
FINALLY OVER! And i passed. Can't say I passed in flying colours but I passed and it's all that matters.
 
- Go to India (mumbai or delhi or both)
I DID this! I went to India December 2011 (Xmas and NYE), and went to Mumbai AND Delhi and even went to Jaipur! It was an amazing trip! I can't waito to go back again
 
- Grow hair longer and healthier
Just as I had wanted, my hair now covers my breasts, and it's lovely and long and healthy!
 
- More ME time
I'm not quite sure if I achieved this goal, but I'm sure I had some ME time.
 
- Learn Spanish
This again is something I did accomplish. I completed the begginners course in Spanish. Unfortunately I wasn't very happy with the teacher who was to teach the Intermediate course, so i stopped going for lessons.
 
- Fix teeth
This too has been done, although not in 2011, I finally went to the dentist and got a plate. I don't wear it as often as I want, but my teeth are on it's way to being completely fixed.
 
- Meet a man i can trust
NOPE! I did NOT meet a man I can trust, despite meeting quite a few men.
 
- WRITE
Obviously, as I didn't even write on my blog, I didn't write very much.
 
- fr/eng official Translator
As I said before, I was a translator for the youth camp in France. But I also did a translation for the PRESIDENT of the country who had a meeting with the head of a french NGO. It was an amazing experience!
 
All in all, I think i achieved more than half of the goals that i had set out. I think that's a pretty good tally!
 
 

No comments: